Globe Fire Sprinkler Quick Response: Pendent
• See reverse side for Approvals and Specifications.
• Temperature Ratings – 135°F (57°C), 155°F (68°C),
175°F (79°C), 200°F (93°C), 286°F (141°C)
• Water Working Pressure Rating – 175 psi (12 Bars)
• Factory tested hydrostatically to 500 psi (34 Bars)
• Maximum low temperature glass bulb rating is -67°F (-55°C)
• Frame – bronze • Defl ector – brass • Screw – brass
• Lodgement Wire – stainless steel • Bulb seat – copper
• Spring – nickel alloy • Seal – tefl on
• Bulb – glass with alcohol based solution, 3mm size
• Escutcheon Assembly – steel
The Globe Quick Response GL Series Sprinkler is a low
profile yet durable design which utilizes a 3mm frangible glass
ampule as the thermosensitive element. This provides sprinkler
operation approximately six times faster than ordinary sprinklers.
While the Quick Response Sprinkler provides an aesthetically
pleasing appearance, it can be installed wherever standard spray
sprinklers are specifi ed but offers the additional feature of greatly
increased safety to life. Quick Response Sprinklers should be
used advisedly and under the direction of approving authorities
The heart of Globe’s GL Series sprinkler proven actuating
assembly is a hermetically sealed frangible glass ampule that
contains a precisely measured amount of fluid. When heat is
absorbed, the liquid within the bulb expands increasing the
internal pressure. At the prescribed temperature the internal
pressure within the ampule exceeds the strength of the glass
causing the glass to shatter. This results in water discharge
which is distributed in an approved pattern depending upon the
deflector style used.
The sprinkler and escutcheon are not factory assembled.
Assembly is done in the field.