Globe Intermediate Level Pendent
• See reverse side for Approvals and Specifi cations.
• Temperature Ratings – 135°F (57°C), 155°F (68°C), 175°F (79°C), 200°F (93°C), 286°F (141°C).
• Water Working Pressure Rating – 175 psi (12 Bars).
• Factory tested hydrostatically to 500 psi (34 Bars).
• Maximum low temperature glass bulb rating is -67°F (-55°C).
• Frame – bronze • Deflector – brass • Screw – brass.
• Bulb Seat – copper • Spring – nickel alloy • Seal – Teflon.
• Bulb – glass with alcohol based solution, 3mm size.
• Shield – steel – 3 3/4” diameter.
The Globe Quick Response GL Series Intermediate Level Sprinklers are primarily designed for use in rack storage sprinkler systems, where their thermosensitive elements must be shielded from the water spray of higher elevation sprinklers, which could operate earlier during a fire. The Globe GL Series Sprinkler is a low profile yet durable design, which utilizes a 3mm frangible glass ampule as the thermosensitive element. This provides sprinkler operation approximately six times faster than ordinary sprinklers. The Quick Response Sprinkler can be installed wherever standard intermediate level sprinklers are specified. Quick Response Sprinklers should be used advisedly and under the direction of approving authorities having jurisdiction and in accordance with their listings.
The Globe Intermediate Level Sprinklers are available in either upright or pendent styles, with 1/2″ or 17/32″ orifices, in various temperature ratings and with various finishes to meet customer requirements. Each unit is factory fitted with a water shield having a 3-25/32″ diameter. Either style may be provided with sprinkler guards for use where mechanical injury might be expected. The pendent style may be provided with a sprinkler head guard. The upright style may be provided with a one-piece head guard and shield.